Welcome to the 2017 baseball season! The Oilfields and Foothills Minor Ball Associations have been very busy in the off-season working together to find a way to increase the efficiency of ball program development in the foothills area. The key reasons for this partnership are twofold. Firstly is for consistency in program development to ensure all associations are competitive with one another. Secondly, it is our commitment to ensure continuity of the associations for years to come. Although both associations will continue to have their individual association status we are more closely linked for this endeavor in six key areas;
1. Scheduling of the season - Facility requirements of both associations will increase as our programs continue to grow. Our associations will work together to develop facilities that will meet the growing needs of our associations. One schedule will be
created for both groups. This will allow for greater access to facilities including the spring training program.
2. Ordering of Equipment - Both associations have taken an inventory of equipment and will work together to order all required equipment and uniforms for the coming season. This will allow for decreased costs and increase the availability of specialized training equipment for all players.
3. Coach Development - A key reason why players and families are disappointed with their minor sports experience is due to the lack of quality in the coaching. We will be developing clinics together to ensure the families experience on the field is one that will be the most enjoyable.
4. Athlete Development - It is our desire to develop a product on the field that will provide for a competitive and fun element regardless of the age or skill level. A full complement of clinics are available to players in both associations to help develop their skill level to their full potential. Athletes are able to participate in either house ball or the Outlaws representative ball. A full listing of what you can expect from either program is available on the FMBA website.
5. Executive representation - there will be a representative of the Oilfields sitting on the executive of FMBA to ensure continuity of communication and ensure all needs of both associations are being met.
6. Online Registration - Both associations will register online through the Foothills Minor Ball Association website. This will allow for increased flexibility for both associations membership to access registration. This will assist our executive and administrations in getting on top of the season more effectively and efficiently. To access registration for your family visit www.foothillsminorball.com.
Proceed to the Registration tab and register your player for either baseball or softball. If you have any questions, please contact our Registrar by email at email@example.com. Players from the Oilfields association will play on their respective Oilfields house teams and will not be placed onto an Okotoks team unless a player requests to play on an Outlaws representative
In conclusion we believe that baseball and softball in the area will be more effectively developed with a joint effort of the surrounding area associations. It is our commitment to work toward ongoing quality improvement to ensure your minor ball experience is one filled with lasting and positive memories.