Foothills Minor Ball Association (hereafter referred to as FMBA) has found it necessary to implement a registration cancellation policy. The policy is intended to fairly deal with extenuating circumstances, while at the same time underscore the need for the commitment to the game and in particular to team mates once the season begins. In order to withdraw a player from the program the parent/guardian of a player (hereafter referred to as the player) must submit a letter to the President FMBA stating the reason for the request.
FMBA will only consider a request to withdraw a player from the program for the following reasons:
- Job transfer to another town or city.
- The new residence of the player must be outside of the registration boundaries of FMBA.
- Medical reasons. Must be accompanied by a doctor's certificate.
- Travel Team tryouts. Player not selected for participation.
- Other than above.
Request for Refunds:
- Requests for player withdrawal received prior to March 15th will be subject to a cancellation fee of twenty-five percent (25%) of non-discounted basic registration fee which will be retained to cover administration costs.
- Requests for player withdrawal received after March 15th and prior to season start are eligible for a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the non-discounted basic registration fee.
- Requests for player withdrawal received after the start of the season are not eligible for any refund.
- Players that tryout for an FMBA travel team and are not selected to participate on the team, and choose not to participate in FMBA House League, or no House League team is available will be refunded their full registration fee.
The Baseball Alberta player fee for players of a team playing in the Baseball Alberta League format is non-refundable once the Baseball Alberta final roster date has passed.